Friday, December 14, 2007

Kittens

I am now the not-so-proud owner of two kittens. They were accidental. I do not like kittens. At all. The combination of sick helpless things, terrible weather, and T being a bigger softie than me did me in, though.

T said he would deal with the litterbox.

T found the litterbox too dusty, and in a place where he never remembered to scoop it.

Your faithful author moved said litterbox, drove an hour to get no-dust litter, reminded T twice a day, then gave up and did it herself.

The next fight we had was about me being sick of being everybody's mother. I have chosen not to have kids (so far), so I don't understand how I get stuck in the role of coddling and/or supervising the people around me. I told him I was sick of having to do everything, or make sure he was doing it. I am sick of having to remind people to do things that they should just up and do for themselves. I am sick of having all the responsibility. I used the litterbox for an example.

"But I've been scooping it twice a day" he said.

I started yelling at that point.

3 comments:

SWF42 said...

And did the yelling work? :-)

(Kittens? yech.)

Esmerelda said...

Perception is 9/10 of the relationship law, you know.....

The curse of being a powerful, strong, independent woman is that you DO end up mothering everyone. The trick is to learn to give only as far as your expecting nothing in return.....otherwise you'll lose your mind..and become ME!!

jess said...

My mind was long gone ages ago. Obviously, since I agreed to kittens.