Monday, May 28, 2007

Absence...

...really does make the heart grow fonder.

I was gone on a conference for work last week, and, whaddya know, but I missed T. Quite a bit, actually. And he missed me, too. After one particularly draining day, all I really wanted was to curl up in his arms. Instead, I phoned, and we agreed to do that when I got home. And we did.

Sunday morning was a lay-in-bed kinda morning, something we've never really done before. We snuggled on the bed, just chatting about 'stuff'. Stuff like hopes and fears and goals, the deep things that don't really just come out in conversation. As we were chatting, my head on his chest, I realised I haven't felt that close to someone in a long, long time.

Then he brought up moving in together.

That one was slightly shocking. Shocking-good, mind you, but it came as something of a suprise to me that he would want to step things up, somehow. I've spent too many years around commitment-phobic guys, I suppose. I told him I needed a little more time, but by the end of the conversation, we had pretty much agreed on August.

Oh, my.

5 comments:

Eileen Dover said...

Yikes... wow.

Would he move in with you? You move in with him?

Have the T-shirt said...

Wow! You are braver than I am! Pretty exciting stuff though :)

jess said...

Eileen - he would move into my place.

TShirt - I don't know if the term is 'brave' or 'stupid', but either way, moving in isn't all that much commitment...you can just move out again, right? Besides, the money would be nice...

Esmerelda said...

{gasp}!

wow....

SWF42 said...

Wow...that's quick.

Then again, he's used to dealing with psycho roommates, isn't he? :-D