Thursday, May 17, 2007

Backbone.

T. has a crazy roommate. Not in the 'crazy-cute' way, but in the 'crazy-psycho' way.

T's roomie refuses to give him a housekey, even though he is paying rent. She is apparently quite upset with the amount of time he hasn't been spending at home. T thinks she is lurking in their flat, waiting for him to come home so she can pick a fight.

My first thought: you don't have a key to YOUR OWN HOME?!?

T just looked sheepish and shrugged.

T has been sleeping at his parents' place rather than going home, because he doesn't want to deal with a pissed-off roommate.

My second thought: where is your backbone, sweetie?

My third (and most concerning) thought: if you can't deal with a pissed-off roommate, and go so far as to buy new clothing rather than going home in order to avoid a fight...what is going to happen when I actually get mad about something?

Hmmm.

5 comments:

SWF42 said...

ooohhhhh........

Esmerelda said...

Hmmm....methinks this is a nice, safe way to feel that one out. You can be a little coach, maybe?

jess said...

I can't even train my dog. I have no illusions about training a boyfriend. Either I (and he) can cope...or not. This one really has my red flags flying...

Have the T-shirt said...

Rot Roh, red flags flying, huh?

Well, pay attention to them, but not all red flags are 'deal breakers', they are just issues that need to be discussed.

I can't train my dog either! What's up with that?

jess said...

I think my dog may be smarter then me. I am the one who seems to be trained.