Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Settling In.

Well, the countdown is on until T officially moves in...at the end of the month...in 4 days. Right at the moment, all it will change is the amount of furniture in the house. He hasn't slept at his own home in weeks.

Since I snapped at him about housework, we had a little discussion about what, exactly, constituted 50%. Little things, like doing the dishes includes drying them and putting them away. Like I don't want all the mental responsibility for tracking which chores need to get done, or having to ask him to do them.

I gotta hand it to him, the boy learns fast.

This weekend, we went for a nice drive, then Sunday was cleaning day. We both just got at it. Monday, I had a girlfriend over for supper. I cooked, we ate, then I took my girlfriend out to show her the backyard. By the time we got back inside, the dishes were done. I coulda kissed him. In fact, I did.

Yesterday, we were both exhausted from work. We dug some leftovers out for supper, then sat in side-by-side comfy chairs, reading. He was dozing off, and it was only 6:30, so I offered to make him a coffee. As I went to stir in the sugar, T came up behind me and gave me a big hug.

"Aah, domestic bliss," he said.

Indeed.

2 comments:

Esmerelda said...

{weepy smile}

SWF42 said...

Hey...move in weekend has passed!

Catch up, kiddo!!!