Sunday, January 21, 2007

How Not To Date Me #1

It never rains but it pours.



How Not To Date Me #1

1) Call me out of the blue, strike up a conversation, and call back every second day for a month.

2) Drive for four hours to come visit me for the weekend. Act super-nice. Take me out dancing.

3) Invite me to your place. Take me out, buy my dinner and drinks.

4) Take me back to your place for a wild night.

(it's all good up to here, don't get me wrong. I'm just giving a little background, here)

5) Tell me you'll call Sunday. Don't call.

6) Tell me you'll call Thursday. Don't call.

7) Don't call for a couple of weeks. Always be busy or 'indisposed' when I call you.

8) Wait until I've accepted tickets to another country for a cheap-and-dirty Valentine's date.

9) Call and ask me to go steady.



So, Beavis called tonight, a couple of weeks late. He said he had really needed some time to work out what he wanted to do about me.

"Do About Me? Why Not Try Calling?"

He said that's not what he meant. He said he was really, really into me, but doesn't want to deal with the long distance driving, not being able to see me often or be there to cuddle and watch movies whenever we want. He said he was torn about what to do, whether to ask me out or leave it at 'just friends'. He says it's unfair to both of us to expect each other to be able to maintain an exclusive relationship when we may not see each other for weeks at a time. He thinks it will be incredibly difficult to make it work, given that he works almost every day and lives a long way from me. He said that, in the end, he figured I was worth it.

You big, dumb, prick.

I told him to call me back in March.

No comments: