Monday, January 15, 2007

Three Married Men and an Ex

What is it with married men, today?

One friend called, an threatened to come over and spank me for moping about a guy who's too stupid to realize what he's lost by not calling. Well, ok, what's a little spanking between friends, right...WAITAMINUTE, WHAT? Sheesh, you don't have to go into the loving detail about my ass, either. I've known this guy (and his wife) for years, and the flirting isn't entirely new, but REALLY...

Married Guy Number Two is sending me crazy emails at work, with references like whipped cream and bubble bath. I asked him to find a friend to set me up with, since lava is so hit-and-miss. I can see from the comments about leather bustiers and silk scarves that he misinterpreted my request...

Married Guy Number Three is really intent on coming over for coffee and hanging out, but I am a little suspicious of his motives, and have been putting him off. I broadcast to everyone I knew, at work and outside, that my New Years resolution was to get a social life. That has led to some interesting invitations, to say the least, and I've got to admit that these guys are CUTE. However, I'm pretty sure that there isn't a married man in the world who has the time and energy for a wife PLUS me, not to mention the moral ramifications...


On top of that confusion, I got a call from an ex. A cute ex, who I dated rather briefly when I was living in London, UK, last year. I rather liked him, and I have never had much problem with long-distance dating, but that one really stretches the limits of credibility, since I hate London and he isn't into living in Canada. He wants me to meet him for a quickie in New York. Not that he put it quite so bluntly, but his intensions were pretty clear when he started the conversation with "Hey, gorgeous, I'm single again" and ended it with some rather graphic reminiscing. I have to admit, if he were within fifty miles, I'd have hopped in the car and taken him up on one or more of his offers...

I have to admit, the idea is intruiging. Unfortunately, the budget is tight, and I can't imagine travelling to New York just to see the view from the hotel room window...let's be honest, here - chances are slim we'd make it out of bed much longer than it takes to order in pizza...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well it seems I've been added to the mix, or perhaps I've just added to the mix confusion.

As previously posted me and SW go back a few years, well more than that actually. And we have for the most part always not only gotten along but been very attracted to each other. But SW is right - I bloody hate Canadia and she hates London, so there isn't really the chance of that one working out.

But my offer of going to NY for a weekend wasn't entirely of the carnal persuasion. The girl seemed to be hating being back to dreary cold middle of nowhere Canadia, and I was debating going, so offered the suggestion of her meeting me. And the conversation actually started the day before when SW rang me for a purely "hi how are you long time since we chatted hope alls good in your world" friendly chat. But Mr UK being Mr UK was slightly hung over and answered more so in a very half dead weak voice going "hello...if you have a means to do it, please kill me..."

But I did ring back the next day in a much less half dead animal tone and very possibly did start with those words. And we would have seen lots of NY as I've been before and it is one of my favourite places, and I have friends that live there. So let there be no doubt that if she ever does take me up on the offer she would enjoy NY. But she might get dragged everywhere as I'd want to show her everything in the town.