Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Sugar Daddy

So Lava boy J. invited me out last night, for a coffee at the bookstore. It was nice. We went for a nice dinner, and had a nice chat. He is very nice. So nice, he doesn't even watch horror movies - they creep him out - he's...sensitive.

I can't figure out what streak of masochism I have that requires a guy in my life who is at least capable of a little viciousness. I mean, J is great to have conversations with, and is very stimulating on an intellectual level, but really I can't imagine him pinning me up against the wall and having his way with me. And, dammit, I like that...

So I called Beavis, as he is definitely NOT nice, not calling when he said he would call, and continuing to not call for so long after that incrediby intense road trip I took a little while back...He mentioned he'd been 'indisposed'. He managed to fake a cough. Then mentioned it was nice when I called. I suggested that if he wanted me to keep calling, he needed to either call when he says he will call, or let me know he's not interested, so I can quit running up my long-distance bill to no constructive purpose. He says he's been ignoring everyone lately. See? Definitely not nice. I will probably go for another random road trip to his town the next time I'm lonely, too, even if it is a bad idea...

My history is coming back to haunt me in the best possible way, however. I got a call recently from a former lover in the UK, and he's single again. And has money to spare, apparently. He brought up an old theme of a wild weekend in New York, and I know I can count on him to not be nice. Or at least to only be nice when I want him to be nice. HE will call when he says he is going to call, but can be counted on to say any number of incredibly nasty (nasty-good, mind you) sorts of things. I thought about it. Believe me, did I consider long and hard, but the budget just won't stretch that far. When I told him I couldn't afford it, he suggested doing it on his tab.

I told him I'd think about it.

The thought of meeting in a country neither of us lives in for a wild weekend seems so...dirty. Doing it on a sugar-daddy's dime seems so...dirty and cheap. It makes every self-sufficient feminist bone in my body cringe. It seems so crazy and demeaning. That's SOOO hot...

So I called him back tonight to see if he was serious.

He said that, on second thought, it seems silly to fly him to New York and me to New York when he can just fly me to London for half the price. He suggested the week of Valentine's would work well for him, if I could get the time off work. WTF? Can somebody please pinch me? I think I'm dreaming...

And, he reckons he can fly himself out here for a week and still save money over the NY idea, while getting twice the time together - See? Nice when he needs to be nice...

I plan to speak to him again tomorrow, when he's sober...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Mr UK drunk is very amusing as I'm sure SW will attest, but I don't say things that I don't mean when I'm drunk either. I might say a lot of things that on the verbal paper are illegible but they are always meant - even if I don't remember them. Slight aside but I apparently not only have a penchant for ringing SW in the middle of my night, but I also have something against K-Tel sales commercials and swiss exercise balls... Or so I've been told.

I feel that I really must elaborate here for a moment. I honestly meant that I would fly SW to meet me to take a break, as she was sounding rather unblissful during our conversation. I didn't deny the fact that I would not be adverse to something happening if we did meet up, but I also would never expect anything either and the flight would purely be a gift and nothing more. I also wanted to make sure that if anything did happen that it was all going to be OK with SW as I'm not out to fuck up her pretty little head.SW - I'll pinch you when you get off the plane if you still want hun ;-)

Regarding Canadia... well were still working on that but ATM. Its hard to ask for another week of remote work from the boss when you've just not only returned form a week of snowboarding but have also negotiated 9 weeks off in the next 12 months (and an extra week when the boss thinks we should attend the Chicago blues festival). Best mate or not he's still the guy that signs the pay check...