Thursday, January 25, 2007

Hell Week

Monday, I had a terrible toothache. One of those sharp, stabbing pains that actually made me glad to go to the dentist (well, okay, that and the fact that the dentist is awfully cute...). He told me I needed a root canal, and put me on antibiotics in the meantime.

Ugh. Instant yeast infection, and only two weeks till I go to London.

Not the best start to a week.

Wednesday, I had a medical booked. Mr. UK and I decided on his-and-hers STD tests, which sounded like such a good idea at the time.

After the pap smear, I came home and scrubbed in a hot shower for an hour, like a good rape victim. Usually the exam isn't that bad, but what IS it with guy doctors? They refrigerate the KY, use half a bottle of the stuff, jam that speculum in as far and as fast as they can, then crank it open as wide as it will go. They never warn you beforehand, either. If doctors shag like they conduct exams, I'm glad I've never dated one...

I went out and bought a boquet of daffodils as an apology to my pussy for the manhandling.

Mr. UK was apologetic when he heard about hell-week-so-far. He actually told me last Sunday that he would be incommunicado this week, as he is off on a snowboarding holiday. In fact, he's sent me graphic and sweet notes every couple of days. Today's installment was wondering how I like my coffee. This is significant, as it is impossible to find a good cuppa in London without spending a fortune. They have this taste for Nescafe...goes so well with steak-and-kidney pie, or something (shudder). Mr. UK has a good memory - I bitched endlessly about the coffee there, and he earned my undying gratitude by bringing me a proper cup of brewed coffee in bed the first time I slept over at his place.

Lava boy J. decided that we would work out better as 'just friends'. This is not a suprise, but I don't know if I'm annoyed or relieved that he came to that conclusion before I had to say it out loud. I mean, it saves me the hassle, but on the other hand, I got dumped...

Lava boy C. is a new addition. He gets bonus points for sending a six-page introduction, including a (long) list of the countries he's travelled to, a note that he is gainfully employed, and no mention of "let's fuck" anywhere in the novel. Downside: He lives in a different area code...par for the course, in my world...

Beavis hasn't called back since Sunday, which, I suppose, is no shock, as I was a little annoyed with him when we spoke last...if he was really bright, he'd call, and soon...

So, all in all, I'm glad I have London to look forward to. Mr. UK is impressing the hell out of me, and I'm looking forward to a week of great sex, great conversation, and daily coffee's in bed...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm - yes dentist... yes. Mr UK thinks SW, like all women, is rather insane!! If your teeth are bugging you sort it out, and I'll lend you the dosh, no strings just sort out your teeth - you can not go around with your teeth hurting, tis not good!!

And lets just say I empathise with the coffee issue... People, who feel as I do, that you must devote some decent time and effort into the process of selecting and in investing in a good cafetiere or tea pot are few and far between. Thankfully SW apprecitates this slightly quirky and eccentric quality of mine. I must also say I'm sick of fuckin $tarbucks as its not really that great. I think that in London the statistic is that you are never more than 14 metres form a rat. I'm sure you are never more than 11 metres form a $tarbucks!

Coffee in bed - well it will preclude the idea of you sleeping in as I'll have to leave early for work, but if you want ok.