Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Dysfunction Break

They say bad luck comes in threes. I should be okay for awhile, now, as I have had my three bad man news items this weekend:

1) Beavis (see last post)

2) M. appears to have found himself a girlfriend. This is purely an assumption on my part, based on the fact that he withdrew his offer of a free flight to see my sis, but I can't think of any other reason.

3) Mr UK can't get holidays to come visit until June, when his annual vacation with his family is booked. His family hates me for long, complicated historical reasons, so I don't imagine I will be seeing him much, if at all.

None of these things is all that bad alone, and I have to admit I was half-expecting each of them, but not all at once. Suddenly, I find I am all alone, which might be a necessary break, anyway. It will certainly cut the frustration level in my world, anyhow.

But dammit, it's hard to feel loveable and attractive when you get ditched three times in the same weekend...

3 comments:

Esmerelda said...

ick...so sorry. I'll send you a heaping bucket of strength.

SWF42 said...

Want to borrow a stubborn, almost 18-year old daughter? I guarantee you won't even be thinking about your love life.

Have the T-shirt said...

Perception is everything. Switch "ditched" with "set free", it all looks much rosier :)