Sunday, April 15, 2007

Scrabble

So, there's this PoF goy. Let's call him T. If there's been a PoF T before, please disregard. This one is totally new, but I've been on so many first dates that I just can't remember, but there hasn't been a second date with a single one...

This one is going to get a second date.

T is tall, well over 6 feet, and pleasant-looking. Broad shoulders, green eyes, full lips. He is soft-spoken, in a slightly fumbling, shy way. He drinks his coffee with lots of sugar. He plays Scrabble competitively. He has freckles on his forearms, and huge hands.

We've been chatting online for over a month, with conversational topics covering religion, gender roles, travel, and books. He says he is not a 'manly man', and just got his first 'guy job' this year. He is slightly nerdy, and loves to read. He got teased a lot in high school. He seems impressed, but not threatened, by my non-traditional line of work, and the fact that I know a bit about cars. He has complimented me a few times, none of which had anything to do with my looks.

We finally met for coffee yesterday afternoon. I can't even remember what we talked about, but three hours went by without any uncomfortable pauses.

There is definitely chemistry. I had forgotten about chemistry.

We agreed to meet online later in the evening, and play Scrabble. He won three games out of four, and gave me a bunch of tips about how to play better. By the end of the night, I was certainly playing better. He was using words I had never heard of. I had to go get my dictionary and look a bunch of them up, just to find out what they meant. That is so hot. Finally, a guy around here who has a brain and isn't afraid to use it.

It is going to be hard to not 'drive the car', and do it too fast. My urge is to go out on a few more dates, see if the chemistry lasts, then go drag him off and do something about it. Actually, my urge is to see what he's doing later today, and see if he'd be interested in a strip-Scrabble marathon, but I know that isn't really appropriate, and will attempt to restrain myself...

8 comments:

Eileen Dover said...

Mmmm.

I love men who know how to use big words.

Take it slow. See if he can lead.

Have the T-shirt said...

This is SO cool! Yes, what Eileen said, take it slow....I can tell you from experience, the payoffs can be amazing :)

Have the T-shirt said...

Can I make one more point?

That Erasure you did, was maybe necessary for you to be able to see the potential in this?

I know that when I finally had dealt with my pain from Rob moving on so quickly, is when I was really able to look beyond it to B.

:)

Esmerelda said...

big hands...big words...sexy

SWF42 said...

Ooohhh....strip Scrabble.


(note to self: strip Scrabble)

Dave said...

What were the scores?

jess said...

His: in the 350 range.

Mine: in the 200 range.

Can you say ASS KICKING?

(but it was fun because he was sweet about it)

Eileen Dover said...

Oooh.

Sweet and ass kicking.

Mmmm.