Thursday, April 19, 2007

Sleepover

I should have been sleeping three hours ago. He braved horrible highways to come for dinner and board games. He whooped me at Scrabble, then I beat him at crib. We had a couple of drinks and chatted. The weather deteriorated, getting colder, icier, and snowier. He looked dubiously out the window at the near-blizzard. I invited him to stay the night. He asked me if I was really okay with that. Five times.

He is so shy it hurts, almost. He gets nervous around people he doesn't know well, and more so with girls. I could almost see him making circles on the ground with his toe. We chat, but he doesn't make eye contact, much. He petted the cat so gently with those huge hands. I checked him out, sidelong, when he wasn't looking.

I half-teasing suggested we share the bed for warmth in this nasty weather. I could almost hear him blush. He is out on the fold-out right now. We were both doing toe-circles saying goodnight, akward. Eventually he asked if he could have one thing before bed: a hug.

And a very brief, chaste one, at that.

********************
Next morning edit:

Sometime just after I finished typing, T came tiptoeing up the hallway to my bedroom. "hey," he said, "can I take you up on your offer? It's kinda lonely out there..."

Based on the last time I actually got up and looked at the clock, the absolute most sleep I could have gotten was approximately four hours. I did not get four hours sleep, though.

It was like a kids sleepover...chatting and giggling, in our pajamas. He is less shy, and more chatty, in the dark. We didn't even kiss, though I have to admit his arms around me sure felt...right...

I told him he wasn't allowed to come over on school nights anymore, though...

4 comments:

SWF42 said...

Blizzard conditions? In almost-May?

I am so glad I live in the south.

And I read this with a big grin. How cute!! I am such a sucker for the big somewhat shy ones. They make me want to just wrap them up and -- well, do things that really will make them blush. :-)

I'm still grinning and thinking, "awwwwwwww...."

:-D

jess said...

Yeah, I'm grinning, too. Ya shoulda seen the reaction I got when I brought him coffee in bed...

And yes, blizzard conditions. About three inches of snow. I hope it snows every time he comes over...it's such a good excuse...

Esmerelda said...

awwww...

Have the T-shirt said...

Big smile on my face :) God, I have LIVED this recently and it's the sweetest thing, huh?