Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Not Driving

I went for drinks with Moonbeam, the guy from work, a couple nights ago. I still have no idea what he's angling for. I have to admit, we have great conversations, but I don't think he would be a good long-term match. I really don't want to lead him on, but I'm not sure how to bring it up in conversation. Dammit.

Scrabble guy, T., called last night. We have a date for tomorrow at my place. Now, I wouldn't normally invite an internet guy to my home after only meeting them once, but I am also a good judge of character, and I'm certian T is not stalker material. He is far too...well, it's hard to pin down, but he hits me as a good guy. He asked if it was okay that he called. He hasn't been pushy in any way, shape, or form. He is very...respectful.

It was an interesting conversation. We do really have a lot in common. I have to learn not to bombard him with questions, but, dammit, I'm curious.

There are a couple red flags, though. He last lived with his parents a few months ago. He has started three different degrees, without finishing any of them. On the other hand, he appears to be able to say 'no', and has actually held the same job for a couple of years.

This not driving thing is really causing me headaches. I have no idea if T is even looking for anything more than friendship, and if he's not, then I'd rather know before I get too interested. Likewise, with Moonbeam, I'd rather have things on the table. However, asking these sorts of questions seems to be the start of me taking over, so to speak. Dammit, I'm just not subtle enough for this...

4 comments:

Eileen Dover said...

Scrabble Guy....

Intelligent guy, obviously, right?

Any sort of learning disability, do you think? Maybe he's not challenged by traditional learning institutions? Hasn't found his niche?

Have the T-shirt said...

There's that old adage, 'Curiosity killed the cat'. The cat probably got run over by some dame trying to drive who should have been in the passenger seat pointing out to the driver, "Oh, watch out, there's a cat!"

Subtle is a good muscle to develop at times like this :)

Good luck on your date, you need to school this boy in Scrabble.

SWF42 said...

I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with driving when you know where you want to go and the quickest way to get there.

jess said...

SWF - it's that I realised the quickest route isn't always the most gratifying one. I am trying something new, to see if my personal theory is right...I've never been courted before Mr UK started lately, and I realised I kinda like it...

...but longstanding habits are HARD to break...