Thursday, April 26, 2007

Going Slow...

...is not what we are doing. T came over last Thursday, and did not go home until THIS Wednesday. Last night was a 'night off', which I apparently needed most desperately, as I was starting to feel out-of-sorts about having my routines disrupted.

I poured two cups of coffee this morning before I woke up enough to realise he wasn't here anyway.

T picked up the dishes after supper the other night. He made coffee on the mornings he was first out of bed. He calls if he will be late coming home from work. He'll eat whatever I can dream up to cook, and thank me for it after. He is still exciting and fun, but at the same time, comfortable like an old sweater. There is nothing we won't talk about.

This is scary. It's been about seven years since I have dated anyone who lived in my own area code. It's less pressure when they can only change your routine on the weekends. I've always said that they don't fuck up my life, that way. Well, that, and I date emotionally distant guys, as a rule, so they really don't interfere at all.

T is interested in me. He is available, physically and emotionally. I look forward to spending time with him. He scares the hell out of me.

I am trying not to shoot myself in the foot by finding reasons to run away or pick a fight. I told him that I have a few issues that way.

T fits into my life.

He'll be here again tonight.

I'm looking forward to it...

5 comments:

Have the T-shirt said...

Nope, this isn't taking it slow, but it's also not just bumbling along either. Your getting to know each other and I'm smiling reading that it's going so well.

I'm sure you are scared, who wouldn't be? As long as you can talk about those fears with him, you'll be fine.

I think it's interesting that you've identified why you get involved with guys physically and emotionally distant. How does this feel compared to that?

Esmerelda said...

Smilin' for you.

jess said...

Tshirt - I had a weekend-only daddy, too. I'm sure that has something to do with it.

It feels...strange. I had a wonderful long-term relationship that ended just over 7 years ago, and I have secret hopes it will be like the first three or four years of that. T is not distant at all. He says it already feels like we've known each other forever. I kinda see it. Terrifying.

SWF42 said...

**not reading!! not reading**

*lalalalalalalalalalala*


(Seriously, though....)

awwwwwwwwwww......I feel like I'm reading a romance novel. Next time, I'm getting popcorn first.

jess said...

lol, thanks, swoof...i think...