Sunday, April 1, 2007

Onions

Every time I write Beavis off as a hopeless cause, he suprises me. I am not certain whether this is a good thing or another way for me to string myself along in hopeless relationships.

This time, there were a couple of things.

One: He really is acting like a gentleman. He always has, but it is easy to overlook, because he can be awfully rough around the edges at times. However, in terms of not pushing issues, not testing my boundaries, not questioning my choices...yeah.

Two: He respects the fact that I have a life. A girlfriend had a terrible week, and needed to just hang out. He offered to make himself scarce so that I could spend time with my friend. Again, the rough edges make it easy to overlook how thoughtful he can be.

Sometimes, it's like peeling back layers on an onion.

However, I really question whether I can cope with a relationship with someone as non-verbal as Beavis tends to be. He can get his point across, but he's not much for long discussions. As in, conversations of more than, say, twenty words...

And no, he most certainly didn't sleep in the truck...but he waited for my invitation. And that impressed me. A lot.

3 comments:

Have the T-shirt said...

The thing about onions is they make you cry.

Esmerelda said...

...he sounds kinda cute.

jess said...

Tshirt - makes me cry...not yet, but the possibility is certainly there

Esme - he is cute, in his way. physically, absolutely (though he does not believe this). personality wise, a little rough around the edges, but well-intentioned. generally kind. my dog likes him. that communication thing is pretty important, though...