Thursday, March 29, 2007

Company Ink?

There is this guy I work with. Let's call him Moonbeam. We've worked together for years, in different departments. He moved into my department temporarily last year, and we wound up working together quite a bit.

He is a genuine sort of guy, funny and outgoing once he gets to know you, though a bit shy at first. Very protective of his private life, but I have to say, I'm the same way...ironic that I blog, but anyways...

Moonbeam is tall, heavy-set, and nice-looking. He likes cats and has a motorbike. He is about 15 years older than me, but that really isn't an issue to me for making friends - most of my friends are about 10 years older, anyways. It becomes an issue with dating, as I want kids, and most 45 year olds are closer to planning retirement than planning a family.

Moonbeam did me a favor at work a few weeks ago, helping me with a file while I was on holidays. I told him I owed him a coffee. A while after that, he needed help outside work, moving a couple of vehicles around. He took me for supper as a thanks. Today, he asked me to help him with a file.

I asked him if it negated the coffee I owed him.

He said it was a big deal (it wasn't), and that he figured he owed me dinner and drinks, now.

I teased him that I knew how that story went, that he'd put it off until one of us moved departments.

He said: "Tomorrow at four, then".

Good thing I told Beavis not to come up till Saturday...

4 comments:

Have the T-shirt said...

You know, 45 is NOT to old to have children....just sayin'.....

:)

jess said...

Nope. I realise that. However, most guys that age were either never interested, or their interest has faded. This has come up for me before...

Have the T-shirt said...

So how do you feel about this guy? I mean, is he someone you could see yourself with, or are you just interesting in being friends? WHAT?! God, I'm nosy!

jess said...

well, probably just friends on my end. he's attractive, but it's just not practical. i am quite curious what his motives are, though...