Saturday, March 17, 2007

What's With The Sugar Daddies?

So, M sent an email. This is not terribly unusual. Infrequent, but not unusual. This one was about a mutual friend who I had lost track of, with a comment that she might not be doing so well, but no details. These are the sorts of things that drive me to pick up the phone.

So, I called.

Yeah, I know, I'm a sucker.

In the course of the conversation, asked how much time off I could get from work on short notice.

Huh?

Well, turns out his company is flying him to The Coast for training. Depending on how long the course goes, they will pay to either fly him home for a visit, or pay for someone to fly out and visit him. My sister lives on The Coast. He said:

"Now, this isn't a booty call or anything, but I thought you might like to take a free flight to see your sis, and you don't have to stay with me, or even see me, if you don't want to."

Damn. That's hard to pass up. And thoughtful. Damn. Double Damn.

I told him to call back when he gets the details...

2 comments:

Vi said...

Wow, all these free flights you are getting offered! Go girl!

jess said...

Must be something in the water, or maybe global warming frying mens' brains. I've never had this happen before a couple months ago...it's the strangest thing...