Sunday, February 18, 2007

Airplanes and Hair Dye

Well, hell flight knocked a round out of me, as usual. The cold didn't help.

I'm happy to be home.

Tired to the point of hallucinating, but glad I went.

Mr. UK left me a sweet parting memory. I've been talking for ages about dying my hair, but I have always been too chicken. What if I don't like it? Well, I decided to go ahead and try. Mr. UK sat in the bathroom with me, reading out the instructions while I gobbed the gunk into my hair. Eventually, he decided I was missing too many spots, and got involved. There's something strangely intimate about having a guy wash your hair, or, in this case, work the dye in, then wash it out. It led to a great deal of less-mentionable activity, which is also good. I do double-takes when I see myself in the mirror...doesn't quite look like me, and it will probably remind me of him for quite awhile.

I went to London with 'cheap and dirty' in my head, and wound up with sweet and romantic. Mr. UK was wonderful. I am suprisingly unemotional about the whole thing, though. I am terrible at seperating sex and love, but for once, I just feel like a had a great week with a good friend, and really nothing more. No yearning to be with him, no wishing for the phone call. Just...content.

Ask me again in a week when I'm unbearably horny, though, and I might have a different opinion...

8 comments:

SWF42 said...

You dyed your hair for the first time ever...OUT OF A BOX????

Just what kind of drugs are you taking for the cold/yeasty thing?

Excuse me, I'm having bad flashbacks. I need to go lie down.

(Seriously happy you had a good time, too, especially since fate did it's best to conspire against you!)

mist1 said...

I love a man who will wash my hair.

Eileen Dover said...

Is Mr UK going to read that? How does he feel about you?

jess said...

SWF - yes, first time ever, and out of a box. Is that bad?

drugs for the cold - ginger tea and tylenol. thrush - canesten oral, which you can't get in canada.

flashbacks? I'm curious...

Mist - yeah, and he's good at it, as he had long hair, way back when...so...indulgent...

Eileen - I have no idea if Mr UK will read this. I've told him I'm fine with it, but I don't know whether his curiosity will win over his intent to give me my privacy.

Honestly, I'm not sure what he feels about me. Probably frustrated, mostly...I'm not the easiest gal to deal with. We have been friends for a long, long time, and he had a crush on me at one point, but that was ages ago. I think he considers me a special friend, but I don't think he has any long-term intentions. I think if he reads this, he'll be glad that our little romantic interlude didn't mess with my head.

Mr UK - if you're reading this, say hi and feel free to share your thoughts! (xo)

Have the T-shirt said...

I think these kinds of friendships are great (since I'm involved in one, I guess I have to say that :P), as long as both people are on the same page.

Glad you had a good time in spite of all your ills.

SWF42 said...

Speedie, let's just say my first experience dying my hair myself, out of a box, was not good for either the box or me.

Giraffes have a more even tone than my hair had.

And the color....having reddish-blonde hair and trying to color it a beautiful shade of chestnut lead to purple hair. Well, more maroon. Who am I kidding. It was purple. Well, in spots it was purple. In other places, it was my natural hue.

Ugly. Just hideous.

I need to lie down again.

jess said...

LOL

Well, I guess I'm glad I had help...Mr UK thought I was missing too many spots, so he stepped in.

I went from dark blond to dark reddish blond, and the difference was minor enough that no-one has even commented on it yet. I think I like it, though.

briliantdonkey said...

Sounds like you had a good trip and a good time cept for the tired and sickly part.

BD