Friday, February 2, 2007

Princess

Mr. UK called me at work today to discuss musicals. As in, which musical I would like to attend while I am there. He also reminded me to bring sturdy shoes, in case we went out to Stonehenge. Mr UK = Mr. Perfect, or at least for this week (and probably the next couple of weeks, too!).

I mean really, can you think of a better week than musicals, Stonehenge, and daily coffee in bed? Oh, yeah...forgot the mind-blowing sex...

This is shaping up to be the best Valentine's EVER.



On a related note, a fellow blogette recently made a post which has prompted an interesting conversation about 'numbers', and what constitutes a 'slut'.
http://notanotherrelationshipblog.blogspot.com/2007/01/who-is-really-getting-laid.html

It really hit a nerve for some.
http://swimminginthedatingpool.blogspot.com/2007/02/i-know-i-am-but-what-are-you.html

Now, personally, I'm not too concerned. Really, my friends aren't the judgemental sort, and the worst comments I ever get about my sex life are the 'I wish I could have done that' type. Strangers' opinions don't mean a whole lot to me. I make my choices, generally even think them out in advance, and, you know, I can live with that. I am pretty happy with myself all around, sexuality-wise, but also career-wise, relationship-wise, education-wise, and every other -wise I can come up with.

It did get me thinking, however, what impression the total strangers reading my blog would get of what type of girl I am. It is easy to paste a label on someone when you only know an itty, bitty proportion of what they think, do, and are. In fact, deciding some one is a 'slut' because you know she had a one-night stand, or that she's not a virgin, or whatever...well, that's making a judgement based on an awfully narrow view of what makes up a person, isn't it?

And there is NO WAY you can convince me that there is ANYTHING wrong with my Sugar Daddy Valentine's Date...I mean, how can something so sweet and fun possibly be wrong?

Maybe they're just jealous, SWF...

7 comments:

SWF42 said...

Please...please....please.....

Have Mr. UK take you to see Equuus. Sneak in a cell phone and record it for me. Or, at the least, give me a play by play of Dan Radcliff nakey.

I'm begging. :-)

I second the sturdy shoes, though. I've traipsed around England, including Stonehenge and that's great advice.

jess said...

I actually wanted to go to Equus, but it opens about an hour after my plane home takes off.

And the sturdy shoes remark was really a funny reminder that Mr. UK doesn't know me THAT well...hiking boots are my default footwear...Aah, well, at least he remembered about the coffee :)

WingWoman said...

speedwobble...delighted that you stopped by so that I could find you here. There is absolutely nothing "wrong" with your V-day date unless you think there is something "wrong"...

most people are id-jits anyway ;-)

jess said...

Well, I have no issues with my valentine's date, WingWoman, but I gotta say I've been taking a little flack for it...something 'dirty and cheap' aboiut having a guy fly you from Canada to the UK because you can hold up your end of a conversation AND give great head. I'm actually really loving the idea, partly BECAUSE it's dirty and cheap...but, hey, that's just me ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Man, it's a good thing the strangers reading your blog don't know all the things you would do for great sex eh... kidding. If strangers think that flying someone over the pond for a few grand, dining them, romancing them and knowing them for quite some time is being a slut, they are either a poor, unromantic male, or an uptight Christian house wife. Besides, don’t most couples get it on after spending that much cash. Some flip on their back for less (not to sound too pigheaded).

If you are a Lord of the Rings fan, I believe the musical that was here in TO has moved over the pond. But then again, it’s about a gold ring that resembles a wedding ring…

Anthony

jess said...

Actually, it's not the folks reading my blog who are making comments...it's some not-quite-strangers who happened to overhear a couple of my friends talking about it. Funniest thing, that...small town folks make EVERYTHING their business...

Anonymous said...

Man... Sorry here swf41 but Equuus looks really a bit... well to be honest I think it looks rather horrendous. Dreary is definitely a bit of an understatement IMHO, perhaps not what were aiming for for a romantic night out... unless one has a fond spot for horses. But then I also don't like the magical brat from harry potter either though so obviously my view is tainted. Still I did offer to take SW if she wants as it opens the night before she leaves, and it is about her having recoup and enjoying the week. She decided tickets were to much and she had made her mind up! I tried to insist but there was no arguing... who am I to argue anyway?!

SW - Ummm hate to burst the bubble here but I do know you well! I have not forgotten that hiking boots (or possibly trainers) might be the default option for you. I just thought I'd remind you to bring some decent shoes as you had been talking about dresses (and therefore accessories). I just didn't want you to show up with nothing more than some kitten heels ;-)

And I know how one forgets things when rushed and in the last minute...