Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Spoiled Rotten

Day three:

I got sick. Damn contagious kids - the friends who are watching my dog have two little girls, and one of them was snotty and coughing when I went over to drop off the mutt. And wanted to hug and kiss Auntie (me) goodbye before the plane ride. Ugh.

Woke up with a clogged head and a sore throat. Mr UK fed me vitamins and tucked me in to go back to sleep. I finally got up sometime after noon, and hung out in his living room, fire on and wrapped in an afghan, playing on the computer. He sent random texts and email notes from work, checking that I was okay, comfortable, and knew where everything was.

Eventually, when I was feeling like a human being again, he invited me to join him and a friend for a drink. We had a couple pints in a pub, then headed out for Vietnamese.

Mr UK is nothing if not a gentleman. I'd forgotten about that. Standing on the bus, he had a hand across my lower back, in that way that just quietly says 'I am here'. He holds doors and your jacket. And that holding hands thing is sweet. Won't let me pay for a damn thing, either.

Today, he took the morning off work to just hang out, as I have plans for the evening that don't include him. He's not jealous or demanding, but is quietly maximising our time together. He made coffee, and we sat and just chatted for hours. He is fussing about me knowing how to get around by myself on the tube.

I am soooo spoiled...

2 comments:

SWF42 said...

Sick and your cycle at the same time? And while you're on vacation.

Yuck.

The spoiling is a good thing.

jess said...

Typical, but it maximises the sympathy thing, which I am happy to wallow in. The spoiling is DEFINITELY a good thing. Cycle...well, yeah, we broke the bathtub, but more on this when I'm actally sober...