Tuesday, February 6, 2007

nudity and paper bags...

I have come to the conclusion that anonymous relatioinship blogging is like running down Main Street naked, with a paper bag over your head. Really, you're sharing some pretty intimate information, with the feeling of utter invincibility of not having your real name attached to it.

But, sooner or later, someone is going to recognise that mole on your right butt-cheek.

Mr. UK found out about my blog. From me, of course...I'm no good at all at keeping my own secrets. Tonight, he badgered me into giving him the web address...my only hope now is that he was so hammered at the time that he may not remember. And forgot to bookmark it...

It's not like I have a whole bunch to hide. Really. And it's not like I've ever said anything BAD about him. But it's a wierd feeling to know that he can now read my utterly uncencored thoughts on him...and other men...I don't know if I'm really comfortable about that. Strange. I'm much more comfortable with the idea of utterly random strangers reading all of this...

On the bright side, after badgering me into giving him the URL, he went on to mention that "next time", he will book the tickets with a much shorter lead-time...apparently three weeks of anticipation is simply too much for the poor man...now THAT's a compliment!

4 comments:

SWF42 said...

Want me to make up something bad and petty so you can fight and have make up sex?

I can, you know. :-)

Eileen Dover said...

Oooh scary!

You need to keep it a secret!!

Anonymous said...

I think it went more along the lines of SW mentioning she was blogging and me asking to read it. I'm not sure our conversation consisted of a lot of badgering, but then again it was 5am for me on my way into the house.... And for the record, as I'm painfully aware that I might be begining to give the impression of alcoholism, I wasn't hammered - the Champagne had gone to my head a bit and I was half asleep... Come on, cut me some slack, it was 5am for me - on a Tuesday night.

Mr UK works in IT (because its a really productive use of his Mech Eng degree...) so he was easily able to figure out the blog URL with out having to bookmark it - Book marks are for the weak! ;-)

And the interesting thing is that I'm a pedantic bugger so I started reading at the first posting ever. So only now do I get to the part that hints that she might not want me to read it. *sigh, tut... women for you, decide that after giving out the URL!*

"..now THAT's a compliment!"
Ahem, yes, well... Ok I'll give you that!

Well in the interest of being polite and considerate, I've informed SW that I wont read this blog again after today. I promised, and I intend to do exactly that. I think its a perfectly reasonable thing for her not to want me reading it, and I fully think SW is entitled to that. So anyone commenting back to any of my comments, sorry but I can't hear you ;-) Yes, so go easy on me and give me the benefit of the doubt as I'm clearly not here to defend myself or even try to clarify any misconceptions there might be. If I'm ever back here it will be on the request (or at least the approval) of SW.

And with that I'm off, have fun skaters!

jess said...

Yes, well, my own secrets are not my forte. I hate having them...just something for people to hold over your head later (and there's ALWAYS a witness...)

Other people's secrets, now, THOSE I'm good at.

On the bright side, Mr UK is at least a good sport...

And, SWF - Mr. UK and I have had enough petty spats that we've got YEARS worth of make-up sex ahead, lol...