Monday, February 26, 2007

Sweetie

I got this at work this morn:


"For some reason your email last night didn't seem to sit really well with me, don't know why, but something about it seemed, well, strange I guess. Dont know why.

So the only place I could figure to find any info about how things were going was the place I promised not to read... so in the vein of wanting to make sure everything was all right i read it this morning. Man you sound a bit, well, tumultuous...

Maybe a call one of these evenings?"


Mr UK is such a sweetie.

The phone rang not ten minutes after I got home.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, just a little down...probably this cold, or maybe the crash from having such a good time over there with you.."

The truth is, this week I have been feeling a little...unloved. Unwanted. Unattractive. Unhappy.

There is absolutely no reason for it. I should be kicked in the ass, hard, for feeling this way after Mr UK flew me to London for Valentines. And showed me such a good time while I was there. After so many friends and family have been calling or coming over, fussing over me with this cold. Like I said, no reason for it at all.

But there it is. Feelings aren't logical.


"Well, what are you doing St Patrick's day?"

"Umm...riding you like a clydesdale, I hope?"

"Let me check my bank balance..."


I wish.

4 comments:

SWF42 said...

Dang...another trip overseas? Does this guy have any tall single friends? I'll throw in the Clydesdale thing. :-)

jess said...

LOL, well, his boss is tall and dark, but not currently single.

And no, not another trip overseas...it's his turn to deal with the jet lag.

But I don't think he can afford it right now, to be honest. It's be great, but no point him breaking the bank over sex...even if it's great sex...

Lefty said...

You're right. Feelings often make absolutely no sense. Damn feelings.

Unknown said...

We ALL have those days/weeks. Even if we're attached, held and told how attractive we are.

It happens. It's no fun, but it's a great reason to eat a bag of chips.